“As a hi-tech professional who has coached other hi-tech workers let go from small companies, and was let go multiple times myself, I’m well versed in dealing with the shock of being let go and moving on with one’s life. Show me your resume, tell me about your job search; let’s talk about what lies ahead. My goal is to help others see paths, envision what they can’t see, and transition to a new stage of success.”
Career Coach & Trainer
Connect with Edward
Favorite motivational quotes?
Only as you do know yourself can your brain serve you as a sharp and efficient tool. Know your own failings, passions, and prejudices so you can separate them from what you see.
You can observe a lot by watching
Every person in this life has something to teach me — and as soon as I accept that, I open myself to truly listening.
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
Tell us about your professional experience!
I have over 20 years of experience coaching youth and adults with educational, career and interpersonal communication issues individually and in groups. I have a passion for motivating diverse learners towards success.
What is your coaching speciality?
I specialized in career transition, resume critique and updating, and skills assessments. I am very experienced working with hi-tech professionals.
What are the most important variables in behavior change?
The three most important factors are:
- Self-discipline: forcing yourself to behave differently than how you might otherwise feel -putting aside the discomfort
- Emotional control: in the short-term, recognizing, accepting, then handling your emotions as you experience them; in the long-term, changing your perceptions.
- Generating the power and intensity within yourself to turn your intentions into reality: making the changes you want in your life.
Should happiness be defined by success?
I believe that if you equate happiness with success, you will never achieve the amount of success necessary to make you happy.
What enables people to be happy?
I would say there are four main things:
- Surround yourself with family and friends,
- Don’t care about keeping up with the Joneses,
- Lose yourself in daily activities,
- …. and most importantly, forgive easily!
At the end of the day though, happiness is a choice!
What are a few books you would recommend on happiness?
If Life is a Game, These are the Rules by Cherie Carter-Scott
Happiness is a Serious Problem by Dennis Prager
The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living by Dalai Lama
The Art of Happiness at Work by Dalai Lama.
Happiness is a Choice by Neil Kaufman.
Pursuit of happiness by David G. Myers.